Florida Keys Day 2012...Come Join Us Here in 2013!
Advocacy is about championing a cause. It's about taking time to understand the issues, promoting them to friends and family, and increasing awareness. It's about lending your voice to people whose voices are seldom heard – children, the elderly, those who are down on their luck.
With some new politicians coming on board after the 2012 elections, it’s important for you to start and encourage dialogue about the future of Monroe County.
Here are 10 ways to let people know that you care about making positive changes in the Florida Keys:
- Word of mouth - speak up at a dinner party!
- Wear the LIVE UNITED shirt….and send us a photo to post!
- Like, comment on, and share our posts on facebook.com/keysunitedway!
- Follow us on twitter.com/keysunitedway and retweet our posts!
- Write a letter to the editor – people in the Keys read them!
- Speak up in a community forum about how to make the Keys better!
- Call your congressman’s office!
- Participate in meetings for the Food Policy Council for Monroe County. Contact Tom Callahan at 292-3013 for information.
- Plan to join the United Way of the Florida Keys in attending Florida Keys Day at the Florida State Capitol in Tallahassee on April 23, 2013. Contact Holly Merrill at 853-1947 for information.
- Encourage your workplace to start a United Way campaign, host an event benefiting the United Way, or hold a school supply drive for “Stuff the Bus” in August 2013.
Thank you for championing the United Way of the Florida Keys. You are helping us advance the common good in the Keys:
- Providing Access to Quality, Nutritious Food;
- Supporting Early Childhood and Youth Development;
- Promoting the annual legislative agendas of the United Way of Florida and United Way Worldwide.