To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to vulnerable citizens, we have cancelled our in-person VITA tax preparation dates until further notice. Following are 2 alternate options. Remember, the tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020.
What to have ready to do your taxes:
- Photo identification for you and your spouse (if married)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birth dates for you, spouse and dependents
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Documentation of total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund, proof of account and bank’s routing number
- For prior year returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (and state, if applicable)
We are offering a Virtual VITA option for clients with W-2 and 1099 income only.
If your household income was less than $56,000 in 2019, and you have a simple return*, VITA volunteers can help virtually prepare and file your return. *A simple return has only W-2 and 1099 income. No self-employment or investment income.
1. Scan your documents with a scanner or your phone (not an image)
2. Email them to VITA@KeysUnitedWay.org
3. An IRS-certified VITA volunteer will contact you to complete and file your return
~Please note, participants agree to any risk from transmitting information via email~
Prepare your own taxes safely, conveniently and FREE online at MyFreeTaxes.com. Available in multiple languages.
MyFreeTaxes is a free program for qualified taxpayers who want to complete their own taxes. United Way partners with industry leader H&R Block to help people easily and accurately file both their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxes. Every household with a simple return can file their state and federal returns through MyFreeTaxes.com, which links to a secure H&R Block website, making it easy to complete their taxes for free from home, at work or on mobile devices, in less than an hour.