For over 30 years, United Way has supported programs that meet a critical need for working individuals and families in Monroe or Collier County. UWCK works alongside our funded partners to provide services in one of our community impact focus areas.
The 2022-23 Community Investment Funding grant application opens January 3, 2022. Applications will be accepted for programs addressing at least one of UWCK’s impact areas below; competitive applications will have a program that address at least one priority in the corresponding impact area.
- Financial Stability/Safety Net
In addition, the following requirements must be met to apply for a Community Investment Grant:
- 501(c)(3) organization
- Agency must be able to provide annual audited financials, review, or compilation as applicable
- Agency must be able to provide IRS 990 or 990EZ
- For organizations not required to file a 990 or 990EZ per IRS requirements, audited financials may be accepted
- Program serves Collier County and/or Monroe County
- Program serves ALICE
- Agency operates in accordance with a non-discrimination policy in writing that outlines how the organization does not discriminate in hiring, service delivery or volunteer services based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability
Funding is NOT considered for:
- Capital improvements (plans, building, renovation, etc.)
- Lobbying efforts designed to influence legislation
- Athletic associations or teams
- Fundraising events, testimonial events, etc.
- Advertising other than what is designed to make the public aware of available services
- Organizations with religious or membership affiliations unless the program or project is open to the entire community, without regard to religious beliefs or membership status. Additionally, faith-based organizations must separate explicitly religious activities(religious worship, instruction, proselytization, etc.) from a funded program.
Interested parties can reference the Guidelines for UWCK 2022-23 Community Investment Grant, which outlines the cycle completely.
Questions? Email us or call us at 239-261-7112 ext 211 or 305-735-1929.
Our Community Partners who are currently receiving funding can access the online grant portal here.