If your household income was less than $56,000 in 2019, you can Prepare & File Your Taxes for FREE with assistance from an IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer.
The VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program is designed to assist qualified taxpayers with completion of their annual tax returns and to ensure that limited income families receive every available benefit. Tax preparers are IRS-certified and prepared to complete simple state and federal tax returns. Returns may include:
- Earned Income Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Education Credits
- Dependent Care Credit
- Schedule C/self-employment
Feel free to share this flier of VITA locations, or post as desired.
No advance appointments - walk-ins are welcome at the following locations.
Middle & Upper Keys
Burton Memorial Church, Tavernier – February 18: 10 am - 2 pm
Islamorada Library – Feb 24; Mar 23: 10 am - 2 pm
Marathon Government Center – Feb 6, 13, 20; Mar 5, 12, 19; Apr 2, 9, 14: 10 am - 2 pm
Stock Island Bernstein Park – Feb 19; Mar 18: 3 -7 pm
Key West Gato Building – Jan 30; Feb 5, 12, 26; Mar 4, 11, 25; Apr 1, 8, 15: 10 am - 2 pm
Be sure to bring:
- For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
- Photo identification for you and your spouse (if married)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birth dates for you, spouse and dependents
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Documentation of total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund, proof of account and bank’s routing number
- For prior year returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (and state, if applicable)
Not able to attend one of these dates?
Prepare your own taxes safely, conveniently and FREE online at MyFreeTaxes.com, and is available in multiple languages.
In addition to the VITA tax preparation program, MyFreeTaxesTM is a free program for qualified taxpayers who want to complete their own taxes. United Way partners with industry leader H&R Block to help people easily and accurately file both their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxesTM. Taxpayers earning less than $66,000 can complete their state and federal returns through MyFreeTaxes.com, which links to a secure H&R Block website, making it easy to complete their taxes for free from home, at work or on mobile devices, in less than an hour.