To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to vulnerable citizens, we are cancelling our VITA tax preparation dates until further notice.
In light of these closures, we are referring clients to MyFreeTaxes.com. Through United Way’s partnership with H&R Block, every household with a simple return can file their federal and state taxes for free.
We hope to offer VITA tax preparation remotely or in person after the risk has resolved. Please check back here or on our Facebook page for updates.
Prepare your own taxes safely, conveniently and FREE online at MyFreeTaxes.com. Available in multiple languages.
In addition to the VITA tax preparation program, MyFreeTaxesTM is a free program for qualified taxpayers who want to complete their own taxes. United Way partners with industry leader H&R Block to help people easily and accurately file both their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxes. Every household with a simple return can file their state and federal returns through MyFreeTaxes.com, which links to a secure H&R Block website, making it easy to complete their taxes for free from home, at work or on mobile devices, in less than an hour.
What to have ready to do your taxes:
- Photo identification for you and your spouse (if married)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birth dates for you, spouse and dependents
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Documentation of total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund, proof of account and bank’s routing number
- For prior year returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (and state, if applicable)
RETURNING SOON....WE HOPE!
If your household income was less than $56,000 in 2019, you can Prepare & File Your Taxes for FREE with assistance from an IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer.
The VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program is designed to assist qualified taxpayers with completion of their annual tax returns and to ensure that limited income families receive every available benefit. Tax preparers are IRS-certified and prepared to complete simple state and federal tax returns. Returns may include:
- Earned Income Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Education Credits
- Dependent Care Credit
- Schedule C/self-employment